Wednesday, November 22, 2017

#90 Butterflies +H is for Handwritten and/or the colour Lemon

Welcome back to my Butterfly Challenge. Winners results for #89 are in the post below. Please make sure you check back as it could be you. Unclaimed prizes go back into the pot and there have been a few! Thankyou all so much for continuing to play along.
This is the last Butterfly challenge for this year!  As in previous years the Butterflies will  all be cocooned and the Fairies, Gnomes ,Elves, Pixies and Hob Goblins come out to play for the Month of December. I also have a guest designer playing along this year too. 

Back to the current challenge.
I'm delighted to welcome  my returning  Guest Designer.

Who is none other than the lovely 

Janis 
(Winner of #85)

Hi, Friends!  My name is Janis Woolbright and I blog at Her Peaceful Garden.  My hubby and I live in rural N. Central Idaho in the USA.  I am mom to two grown kids and grandma to one precious granddaughter.  Currently, we have 5 chickens and 17 or so cats.  (Whiskers kept jumping into my arms while my son was taking some photos of me for this bio, so I let her join me.) 
I have been crafting in some fashion since I was a kid, but started rubber stamping around 30 years ago.  That hobby mostly got put on hold while the kids were growing up and I was homeschooling.  When I took it back up, what a surprise to see the transformation papercrafting had experienced! 

I started blogging in 2014 and have really grown as a cardmaker.....learning from the projects that many of you reading this right now have shared.  My sincere thanks to you all!!  My style is pretty varied, but I like to think that two words describe my crafting:  playful and experimental.  I love making a mess with my supplies and trying new things.  :) 

Many thanks to Mrs. A for her lovely Butterfly Challenges and for inviting me to be a Guest Designer!! 



Janis has chosen 

the letter H for Handwritten which has been teamed with L for the colour Lemon.


So I would like to see a handwritten sentiment (NOT stamped/typed or a die cut ) on your project along with your butterfly/s of course .  Sentiment does not have to be a lot of words so lets see what you can come up with.



Please pop over to Janis's blog  for more information on how her card was made.

Thankyou  Janis for being my Guest Designer for #90.

Please take the  Guest Designer badge from the side bar.

Here is my inspiration for you.


Oh my. Did I have fun making this card or not !


Check my  blog Here to see more details!

The Winner may choose one item from the following prizes.
Dixi Craft embossing folder 'Floral Swirls'  + Studio Light Butterfly stamp
with extra goodies to complete a card or two.



To go with the above you may choose 
either
Selection  (A)


or
Selection (B) 



Each selection contains the following:
Sheet of patterned  cardstock  (by Tonic Studios)
Ribbon
Butterfly Tag
Felt butterflies
Wooden plaque
 Lace.
Metal  charm.

N.B I do source and buy all the goodies specifically for the challenges.  It is also the only time that I actually do buy a paper pack! So none of it just comes from my stash. 



The additional prize available if
using both Handwritten and the colour  Lemon  along  with your Butterfly
is
Cottage Cutz
'Fancy Butterfly Vine'
Metal die.




Please be sure to read all the rules on the tab above
and enter your creations in Mr Linky below.
Please also state if you are only playing for fun.
Happy crafting and see you soon.




10 comments:

Liz said...

Congratulations to Janis on her GD spot and what super cards for inspiration from you both! Handwritten sentiment?.......this will be a first for me as I've NEVER handwritten anything on the front of a card I've made! xx

Di said...

Beautiful cards and a super theme as well. My hand writing is dire so I may well just watch!

Hugs Di xx

AlisonC said...

Oh no, have you seen my handwriting? I'd love to join in as I've missed the last two. I still have my 12 butterflies punched out for 'Zodiac' ! x

Karenladd said...

Both your card and Janis' are so beautiful...and I do love the handwritten touch too. I'll try my best to whip up a butterfly card for the last of 2017, and start practicing my penmanship along the way!! Thanks for all the inspiring challenges and prizes!!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Welcome to Janis as GD with her beautiful card!! Love yours too, a so pretty and elegant design!

Jane Willis said...

Beautiful cards from both of you - congratulations Janis on being guest designer. I'm so relived I'm not the only one to have panicked about the handwriting - I've taken the easy way out and just gone for the colour challenge
Jane

Karen Petitt said...

Jane's not the only one have done that, my handwriting is #1 appalling and #2 painful so I opted for just the colour. Beautiful inspirations from both of you and thanks for the fabulous challenge Karen x

Tina Z. said...

very interesting challenge and your inspirations are so beautiful!
hugs xx

Preeti D. (aka Dutt Preety) said...

thanks for the beautiful inspiration :)
hugs
preeti

Becca Yahrling said...

So happy to see my crafty friend, Janis, as guest designer!! And what a pretty card and lovely handwriting. hugs xxoo