MINI MIURA FOLD CARD .
1. Using coloured cardstock cut a piece 11.25" x 5.75". On long side score at 3.75" and 7.5".2. On the first score line measure down 2" and make a pencil mark. From this mark draw a line up to the top edge. From the same mark draw a line to the top of the second score line to make a very wide V shape. Now score these two pencil lines firmly. On the second score line measure up 2" and make a pencil mark. From this mark draw a line down to the bottom edge of the first score line. From the same mark draw a line to the bottom outside edge as shown below. Score these two pencil lines firmly.
3. Your card base should now look as below. Gently fold each of the creases so that the card closes down on itself. n.b. This is hard to show in a photo but using this picture as a guide fold each crease in the way shown. The top V should fold down and the bottom V up as you close the card.
4. Now decorate each of the panels. Cut design paper to 3.75 x 5.75. Make a mark at 2" as shown below and draw a line to the opposite bottom corner.
5. Now cut. You will need to trim down slightly to fit the panel.
6. This is for the last panel. Make sure you cut the design paper in the right direction
7. Repeat for the first panel making sure you reverse the cutting line to be at the top of the panel as shown below.
8. For the middle panel you need to draw a diagonal line 2" from top and 2" up from the bottom. N.b on my card I used two contrasting design papers so I cut one middle section in each paper and only kept the small triangles from one paper and discarded from the second so that I could mix and match as shown. I also transposed the triangles from the front and back panels but this was only done to even up my design and is not required by you to do so.
9. To make the belly band closure cut plain card stock 11.25" x .5" wide. Decorate the front as required and score and fold round closed card. Use d.s. tape to adhere. Make sure band is loose enough to be easily removed by recipient.
10. Decorate inside of card as required.