Wednesday, February 22, 2017

#73 Butterflies + G is for Glossy Accents and/or the colour Slate Blue

Welcome back to my Butterfly Challenge. Winners results for #72 are in the post below. Please make sure you check back as it could be you. Unclaimed prizes go back into the pot and there have been a few! Thankyou all so much for continuing to play along.
I'm very pleased to announce the set of themes and colours for the coming year. I have thrown the letters up in the air this time round and the mix will be that the themes and colours will not be the same letter for each challenge. I have also sorted out some new prizes too.

I'm delighted to introduce you to my next Guest Designer.

Glenda
(winner of #67)


Greetings from hot and humid Durban, South Africa. I’m Glenda and I’m delighted to be the guest designer for this challenge.
I started making cards about twenty years ago after a vacation in the UK. I visited a well-known department store in London and was blown away by their huge selection of cards. When I returned home I started experimenting for myself and the bug had bitten! Over the years I have tried all different techniques but when I was introduced to this prick ‘n stitch technique about 10 years ago, I was smitten. I have always done embroidery, my Granny taught me initially, so to combine that with card making was bliss for me. I have added a Cuttlebug, punches and the odd stamp, to my arsenal and now I have fun using these to enhance my stitching. Nearly three years ago now, I started a blog so that I could enter competitions and this opened up a whole new world for me. The enjoyment that I get from this craft is very fulfilling (and maybe even a little obsessive!)
I hope that my card inspires you and I can’t wait to see what you create. 

Glenda has chosen 

the letter G for Glossy Accents which has been teamed with S for the colour Slate blue.

You can use  glossy accents (or equivalent) anywhere on your card or butterfly.

You may choose to use just the letter/theme + butterfly or use the colour +butterfly.
If you make your project using both the theme  letter and the colour +butterfly you will be eligible for going into a second draw to win an additional prize.

Here is Glenda's  card for you.

Glenda makes such beautiful cards using needle and embroidery thread to stitch her butterflies. Please go over to  her blog Here to see all her lovely makes.

Thankyou Glenda for being my guest Designer for #73.

Please take the  Guest Designer badge from the side bar.


Here is my inspiration for you.

Glossy accents on the sentiment.


Shrink plastic butterfly which I have covered with glossy accents and embedded Gems  into.

Please go to my blog Here for further details and photos.

The Winner may choose one item from the following prizes.


A Signature Collection   Embossing Folder 'Rambling Rose' + Butterfly stamp 
 with extra goodies to complete a card or two.


To go with the above you may choose 
either
Selection  (A)

or
Selection (B) 

Each selection contains the following:
Backing card
Picture card
Lace or fabric trim
Butterfly string
Half pearls
Self adhesive border .
Plain MDF plaque.


The additional prize available if
using both Glossy accents   and the colour Slate Blue  along  with your Butterfly
is
Indigo Blue
'Flutterby '
Red rubber stamp.




Please be sure to read all the rules on the tab above
and enter your creations in Mr Linky below.
Please also state if you are only playing for fun.
Happy crafting and see you soon.


17 comments:

Sandra H said...

Stunning cards l love the stitched butterflies thay Glenda has on her card and just loving the shrinking plastic butterfly effect on yours Mrs A and of course the slate blue is gorgeous too! x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Welcome to Glenda, her stitched butterflies on the card are just stunning! Beautiful vellum envelope, too.
Love both your cards, and expecially the second one, it's so sweet!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Wow, gorgeous inspiration cards! Congratulations to Glenda - I especially love the stitched butterflies! I love your little shrink plastic butterfly! It's so cute! Both of your cards are stunning! This is definitely a challenge I can do, and I already have an idea so I'm planning to be back to play along again! Will try not to wait until the 11th hour this time! Thank you for inspiring!

Pen Sunshinepen said...

Lovely inspirational cards. Well done Glenda on your win.
x

Preeti D. (aka Dutt Preety) said...

Congrats to the winners !! awesome creations!! love them :)

Darnell said...

Congratulations to Glenda on guesting! Her stitched cards are always so amazing to me! Beautiful DT cards! I'm just playing for fun. Sorry it has taken me so long to play with a butterfly and link up!! Hugs, Darnell

Janis said...

Welcome to Glenda as your Guest Designer. I am enchanted with her lovely embroidered card!! What spring-fresh colors and sweet design with the butterflies fluttering out of the vellum envelope! Delightful!!

Love your wonderful samples, too, Mrs. A! Brilliant technique embedding the gems in the Glossy Accents on your shrink plastic butterfly embellishment. Wonderful shabby layers on your other card. Thank you for another fun butterfly challenge!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Thanks for another beautiful challenge!

Tina Z. said...

I love your challenges and you prepared lovely inspirations, I love this little vellum envelope!

ellyscard creatief said...

Lovely cards. Thanks for the challenge.

Jenny L said...

Hi Mrs A,
congrats to Glenda on her GD placement.
Her card is fantastic and all that wonderful sewing too.
I won't comment on yours as I have already done so on your personal blog.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Karenladd said...

I finally got around to making my card for this challenge, which I really wanted to do as I love slate blue and glossy accents. It wasn't until I started on my card that I realized I didn't have any card stock or papers in slate blue...so I made my own with ink. Always love the inspiration for this challenge and the beautiful card samples.

Ultuna said...

Thanks for the beautiful challenge und many greetings from Germany:-)

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi Mrs A, lovley DT work but two clever crafters :) thank you for faithfully running this great challenge...
....and I finally managed to flutter in with my contribution using both glossy accents and slate blue :D yay!!!
Thanks for sharing your inspiration!
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

KT Fit Kitty said...

I'm back with a second entry! Enjoy your day, Mrs. A!

AlisonC said...

You have so many ideas Mrs A. I found this a bit of a challenge but that's the idea! Thank you both for your cards. I hope you got my email the other day, let me know if not. X

Karen Petitt said...

Crumbs I only just made it in time! Awesome inspirations and another fun challenge, thank you for both! Karen x