2. On long side score at 2", 4", 6", 8" and 10".
LANTERN CARD .
1. Using coloured card stock cut one piece 11.5" x 8."
3. On short side mark with a pencil at 2", 4" 6" and cut on these marks to make 4 long strips which measure 11".5 x 2"
Cut another piece in design paper that measures 6" x 6". Cut one piece in white card stock that measures 5".75 x 5".75 (This will be for the underside of card base for the greeting and message to be added. ).
You will also need 20 squares that measure one and seven eights x one and seven eights in plain card stock and 20 squares that measure 1".75 x 1".75 in a pattern paper as shown below.
5. Layer up each of the four strips with the squares placing the smallest on top and keeping them all the same way up as below. The short strips on each end will be left blank as these are used to attach to the base card. Starting at the bottom fold on each score line between the sets of papers Mountain, valley,mountain, valley, mountain. Crease well and keep folded down.
6. On reverse side of the design paper 6" x 6" mark on each side at 2" and 4" and using a pencil draw grid lines as shown below.
6. On right side position the four folded up strips as shown below.
7. Tuck the short flaps over to the wrong side and line up with the grid marks as shown. Stick these down using glue or d.s. tape.
8. If you are using sentiments on the strips then stamp and attach before going onto the next stage. Here I have 2 round ones and two squares that I have placed as shown below.
9. To complete the top of lantern you will need 2 pieces of plain cardstock 3".25 long by seven eights wide. 2 pieces of pattern paper 3" long by half inch wide. 2 circles, one in plain 1".5 and one in design paper 1".
10. Layer up as shown below and punch a hole in the centre of the circles.
11. Attach a small length of ribbon for the ring pull through the punched hole and then stick the circle to the centre of the crossed strips. N.b ,Make sure this is securely attached as it will receive a lot of wear and tare from being pulled up and down.
12. Position the ring pull as shown below.
14. Lantern is now complete. Finish as required with any extra embellishments.
15. Here is my completed Lantern. Closed down.