Wednesday, July 14, 2021

#159 Spin The butterfly Wheel with Q for Quad Easel Card

Welcome Back
The Winners  for #158 have been published in post below this one. 

Come on in.
Lets Spin the Butterfly Wheel.
Each challenge will be a letter of the Alphabet with  a choice of 3 Colours , 1 Theme and a specified  Card shape  all beginning with the chosen letter.

(The discerning amongst you will notice that there is an added page along the top under the Butterfly Banner called Card shapes.)
 I will be showing a link to a tutorial on this page with hints and tips for making the cards so just look under the letter being used for each challenge. 

The card shape is not mandatory but if you do use it you will qualify for the top prize. You must of course use your butterfly and the other elements.  The shapes will all be easy ones, just a different way to either fold or cut your basic cardbase. 

The card shape is not mandatory but if you do use it you will qualify for the top prize. You must of course use your butterfly and the other elements.  The shapes will all be easy ones, just a different way to either fold or cut your basic cardbase. 
If you don't want to use the card shape then 
You can either choose a Theme or a Colour from the wheel + Butterfly  to be entered  for the 1st Prize.
If you use a Butterfly + a Theme + a Colour from the wheel then 
you  will  be entered into the 2nd Prize. 
Please state in your post which part of the wheel you are using to play with.

So lets get started.

The wheel is
Q
and 
Quad Easel Card.


Your 6  elements are:
Quad Easel Card/ Quartz "Gems"/Quinacridone/Quick Sand/Quince
+your Butterfly.

N.b.  Gems  = Clear stones
Quinacridone  = Magenta
Quick Sand = Light Yellow
Quince = Green.   

Please state the elements of Your Choice.

Here is my inspiration for you.



You can see more details of the card here on my blog.
Also the tutorial for making this style is on the Card shape Page at the top under the banner header. 


1st Prize.
(for using either One Theme or One Colour with your butterfly/ies)
Please state in your post which part of the wheel you are using to play with.

2 Butterfly design cardstock.
Decorative Washi Tape
Embellishment Mousse
Pastel Highlighter Pen
+
Mystery Element



2nd Prize.

 (for using both a Theme and a Colour + your butterfly/ies )
Please state in your post which part of the wheel you are using to play with.

Couture Creations E.F. Seedling Nouveau
Crafts - Too Die Cut Butterfly  Flourish
Flower design Washi Tape
Paper mini flowers
+
Mystery Element.


Top Prize .
For using the  Quad Easel Card  + all the other elements
+ your Butterfly

Marianne Collectables Butterfly die/stamp set
Altenew Rose stamp set
Butterfly washi tape
Medium  size Paper Flowers
+
Mystery Element.


From time  to time I will also have a special draw prize when an entry particularly catches my eye.  

Please be sure to read all the rules on the tab above.

Enter your creations in Mr Linky below.
Please also state if you are only playing for fun.

Happy crafting and see you soon.

This challenge will be  running for 3 weeks.
Challenge will therefore end 
Tuesday 3rd Aug. 8pm (GMT)



9 comments:

Liz said...

What an interesting fold Mrs A and a brilliant card. It always amazes me how you come up with so many unusual folds. xx

Suze said...

This looks a really interesting fold - looking forward to attempting this one.

Susan Renshaw said...

My goodness - that's an amazing card!!

ionabunny said...

Oh my. What an awesome card. I have been looking forward to Q cos I love your Quarto fold and the Q options are always fun. This one looks a bit fussy for me, but very awesome. Hope to join the fun this time. Hugz

Becca Yahrling said...

Wow, what a card! I love the pretty papers you used. This was a bit involved to make, but not hard at all. I am going to make another one that's smaller and will fit into a 5.5" envelope. I would like to play for 2nd prize (using green with the quad & butterflies). Thanks, Mrs. A! Hope you are doing well & prayers sent your way. Becca xoxo

Donna said...

Thank you for more amazing inspiration!

Karenladd said...

Your card is just exquisite and the fold is really impressive as well. I nearly forgot to enter my card this time around and I loved the color choices so much I was determined!

Birgit said...

I love your card and am amazed at the folding styles which I have never conquered. I tried to leave my entry but it it didn't seem to take so here is my link if you just want to see it. https://createdbybb.blogspot.com/2021/08/butterflies.html

Janis said...

That is one amazing card design, Mrs.A!! Such a gorgeous creation.
Thank you for this challenge. I am squeaking in using only the yellow option. Life MUST slow down sometime so I can get back to cardmaking!! Maybe in the autumn....AFTER the cat hop! :)
Thank you for another very lovely and gracious challenge.
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com