KITE FOLD .
1. Using coloured card stock cut one piece 11" x 4." and score and fold at 5.5" N.B. Don't use thicker than about 160gsm or it will be difficult to fold the creases.
2. I have changed to white copy paper for these instructions just to make it easier to see and read. Make pencil marks on the long edge at 3.75" and 7.25" top and bottom. Also make a mark at 2" on the short sides. Join up the 3.75" and 7.25" with a diagonal pencil mark to form an X shape in the centre as shown below.
3. Now join up the X to the 2" marks as shown below.
4. Cut the 4 outside triangles away as shown below. These are not required. Score along the X pencil marks to create the creases.
5. Use a bone folder to really crease each of the folds well.
6. As you now fold the card in half the sides will begin to fold into the middle as shown below.
Gently fold into place to form the kite shape.
Use a bone folder to really crease down on all the folded edges.
Cut two of each of the measurements as shown below using contrasting
8. Here is my selection. N.B. As you can see the green design paper is directional so make sure you cut your pieces the same way up if doing the same.
10. N.B. These are all the green design papers pieces turned over so that you can see the pieces you will need to select to decorate your kite are in the centre (i.e.forming the kite shape).You can use the other pieces to make a second kite card with.
1 piece of cardstock for your base card measuring 11.5" x 4.5" folded in half along the 11.5" edge
1 piece of contrasting plain card measuring 5.5" x 4.25" for the first matt layer.
1 piece of design paper measuring 5.25" x 4" for the second matt layer.
1 piece of plain card for the matt inside the kite. To get the measurement lay the kite card down on the chosen card and with a pencil draw around the kite. Cut out inside the lines so that the matt is slightly less in size as shown below.
1. Using coloured card stock cut one piece 7" x 5.5" and one piece 7.5" x 5.5"2. Score the piece that is 7.5" in length at 0.5" and fold. Using d.s. tape attach to the other card to make one card piece that measures 14" x 5.5"
4. Join the dots up at the 5" and 9" marks and make an X as before in Version I. No2. Draw lines from the 5" and 9" lines out to the 2.5" side marks and cut the 4 outside triangles away as before. You will now have a kite shape that is card size
5. To finish the front of the kite you will need 1 piece of design paper and 2 pieces of plain card for the matts inside the kite. To get the measurement lay the kite card down on the chosen card and with a pencil draw around the kite. Cut out inside the lines so that the matts are slightly less in size as shown below.