Thursday, August 05, 2021

#160 SpinThe Butterfly Wheel with R for Rocker Card Revisited.

Welcome Back
The Winners  for #159 have been published in post below this one. 

Come on in.
Lets Spin the Butterfly Wheel.
Each challenge will be a letter of the Alphabet with  a choice of 3 Colours , 1 Theme and a specified  Card shape  all beginning with the chosen letter.

(The discerning amongst you will notice that there is an added page along the top under the Butterfly Banner called Card shapes.)
 I will be showing a link to a tutorial on this page with hints and tips for making the cards so just look under the letter being used for each challenge. 

(The discerning amongst you will notice that there is an added page along the top under the Butterfly Banner called Card shapes.)
 I will be showing a link to a tutorial on this page with hints and tips for making the cards so just look under the letter being used for each challenge. 

The card shape is not mandatory but if you do use it you will qualify for the top prize. You must of course use your butterfly and the other elements.  The shapes will all be easy ones, just a different way to either fold or cut your basic cardbase. 

If you don't want to use the card shape then 
You can either choose a Theme or a Colour from the wheel + Butterfly  to be entered  for the 1st Prize.
If you use a Butterfly + a Theme + a Colour from the wheel then 
you  will  be entered into the 2nd Prize. 
Please state in your post which part of the wheel you are using to play with.


Today we are revisiting The Rocker Card. Last time I gave you 4 different versions to try out. I have found two more  versions for you which I will post up next week and add the tutorials to the current listing. 
I have  also refreshed the wheel colours to be used

So lets get started.

The wheel is
R
and 
Rocker Card.


Your 6  elements are:
Rocker Card/Ribbon/Royal Blue/Russian Green/Rose Pink
+your Butterfly.

N.b.  Russian Green = Sage.
   

Please state the elements of Your Choice.

Here is my inspiration for you.
I have used Version IV on the current list.
Side Stepper Rocker. 



You can see more details of the card here on my blog.
Also the tutorial for making this style is on the Card shape Page at the top under the banner header. 


1st Prize.
(for using either One Theme or One Colour with your butterfly/ies)
Please state in your post which part of the wheel you are using to play with.


2 Hunkydory  Butterfly design prints
Decorative Washi Tape
Craft tweezers
Pastel Highlighter Pen
A5 Cutting Mat.


2nd Prize.

 (for using both a Theme and a Colour + your butterfly/ies )
Please state in your post which part of the wheel you are using to play with.

Couture Creations E.F. Radiant
Stamperia Decorative Butterfly chips.
Especially for you Washi Tape
2 Hunkydory Butterfly Prints.
+
Mystery Element.

Top Prize .
For using the  Quad Easel Card  + all the other elements
+ your Butterfly



Stamperia Butterfly Decorative chips
Creative Expressions Caroline's Butterfly Dreams stamp
3 Hunkydory Butterfly prints
Nuvomarker Pens 'Rosy Pinks'
+
Mystery Element.

From time  to time I will also have a special draw prize when an entry particularly catches my eye.  

Please be sure to read all the rules on the tab above.

Enter your creations in Mr Linky below.
Please also state if you are only playing for fun.

Happy crafting and see you soon.

This challenge will be  running for 3 weeks.
Challenge will therefore end 
Tuesday 24th Aug. 8pm (GMT)


5 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow! Your inspiration for the new challenge is really awesome! Absolutely adorable design!
Thanks for another challenge, this card shape is one of my favourite but I use it not too often, so it's a good input for me :)

NanaConnie said...

Oh, what a fantastic rocker card, ValeryAnne! Love your color combo and the bit of sparkle.

Sandy said...

I've never made a rocker card before so I started with the basic version. I hope to get back and try the others. Thank you for the challenge.

Becca Yahrling said...

Well, I didn't get a chance to make my card a rocker, but I do want to try one. They look so interesting and your card is really gorgeous!! I really love the pretty papers you used and this lovely color combo. I would love to play for 2nd prize.
I hope you are doing well!! xoxo Becca

Marjeta said...

Great challenge and beautiful card for inspiration. I must try to make a rocker card too.