NEVER ENDING CARD.
NEVER ENDING CARD.
I have looked at a lot of tutorials some which in my opinion have made this card look very complicated. It is Not!!
All that is needed is four pieces of card stock and double sided tape to make the basic shape. How you decorate from then on is up to you. Here I am going to show and explain the process using the card stock and tape.
1. Start by cutting four pieces of cardstock each 6" x 3". N.b. These need to be in plain card which does not have a different pattern printed on each side.
2. Score all four pieces at 1.5" and 4.5". Turn card over and repeat on the other side. (This is so that the card will fold easily back and forward.)
3. You should now 4 pieces of card cut and scored as below.
4. Just make a pencil mark line on the short sides at 1.5". (This is so you will know where to place the double sided tape.)
5. Now take 2 of the pieces of cardstock and lay out in front of you as below and adhere strips of d.s. tape where marked by the X's. (I have used the red tape here so that it shows up in the picture but regular d.s. tape will be fine. ) Tip. Do not go beyond the drawn pencil lines.
6. Now take one of the remaining (un taped ) pieces and adhere as shown below.
6. Repeat for the opposite corner.
7. Card base should now look like this.
8. Flip card over. Reverse will now look like this.
9. Take the last remaining piece of card stock with the ds tpe on and adhere as shown below.
. Repeat for the opposite corner.
11. There you have it, a completed Never Ending card.
12. Turn card back over and you are ready to go ahead and decorate it as you wish.
I have included below instructions for how to decorate the card and the pieces of card needed to complete the one I have made for challenge #130.
You need to begin with the card in this position so that it will start to open up as a gatefold card. (It is quite difficult to show how the card works from still photos but basically it will open up into 4 different positions before returning you to the beginning again.)
Card pieces needed to decorate the whole of the card are as follows.
6 pieces of card or design paper 2.75" x 2.75"
6 pieces of card or design paper 2.50" x 2.50"
12 pieces of card or design paper 1.25" x 2.75"
12 pieces of card or design paper 1" x 2.50"
8 pieces of card or design paper 1.25" x 1.25"
8 pieces of card or design paper 1" x1"
Adhere all the smaller sizes on top of the larger ones for a layered look.
Decorate the front as shown below.
Open up card as if opening a gatefold in the centre to reveal as shown below and decorate.
Now open from the centre pushing the flaps top and bottom to reveal the next position and again decorate. (n.b. The extreme portions of the card left and right will already have a decorated panel from above.)
Now open from the centre again like a gatefold to reveal as below.
Decorate with all of the remaining pieces .
Now when you finally open this up from the middle top to bottom you are at the beginning agin of this truly never ending card.