Wednesday, March 11, 2015

#26 Butterflies + P is for Patterned Paper

Welcome back to my Butterfly Challenge.

Winners results for #25 are in the post below

Each challenge will  be a different letter of the Alphabet.
It will always be Butterflies but with the addition
of an item/theme beginning with a chosen letter.
The twist is that my Guest Designers
will choose which letter goes next and I will supply the theme.
They will also be commenting on your entries. 

Please give a warm welcome to my next Guest Designer.


Andree Clark
(Winner of #23)

Andree has chosen the following letter for you.

#26 Butterfly/ies + P is for Patterned Paper.

Design of paper can be any pattern you like
and you are free to use other embellishments as well.

Hello, my name is Andree and I live in Maidstone in the UK and work in a local school office and so lots of my school holidays get spent in my craft room.
I am married and have two wonderful children in their early twenties which makes me feel really old.
I’ve been making cards for the last 10 years and I love both digi and rubber stamps and colouring with  Promarkers.  I also have a bit of an addiction to pretty papers-like most crafters I have far more than I could ever use but just can’t seem to help myself.
I started my blog ‘Aloha Cards’ a few years ago mainly to keep a track of the cards I was making  but then I discovered so many other wonderful blogs and challenge blogs and I now have lots of crafty blog friends.
My husband made me a craft shed in the garden which was lovely but a bit cold and lonely in the winter. My daughter has recently left home so I have taken over her bedroom with my craft stash and I am loving being able to craft in the house now.
I’d like to thank Mrs A for this opportunity to be her guest designer for this challenge, and I’m very proud to take part.

Here is Andree's card.


Isn't it georgeous!
 I love all those different papers and the way
they have all been stacked on the card.
I keep seeing something different every time I look. 

You will find all the details on Andree's blog  Here


Thank you Andree  for being my Guest Designer
for #26.

Please take your Guest Designer badge
from the side bar.


Here is my inspiration for you.


The card shape is made from Acetate
sandwiched between layers of patterned paper.

Full details of how it was made can be found Here

The Winner may choose one item from the following prizes.


Hessian goody bag
containing either


(A) Blue selection 


(B) gold/brown selection
or

$10 gift certificate from

Raspberry Road Designs


Please be sure to read all the rules on the tab
above
and enter your creations in 
Mr Linky below.
Happy crafting .
See you soon.
ValeryAnne.

22 comments:

mamapez5 said...

Thanks for starting my day off with a smile. I like the idea of patterned paper and have plenty to choose from, so hopefully I will get a card made again this time. I love the two inspiration cards. Both are so different but equally lovely. Kate x

KT Fit Kitty said...

Great challenge theme! Congrats to your GD! You've both made beautiful cards! Hoping to be back to play along!

Sandra H said...

Wow what a beautiful Card from your Guest Designer so much talent she has and another gorgeous creation from yourself Mrs A another great challenge too!

Liz said...

Two gorgeous cards. Congratulations to Andree on her Guest Designer spot. xx

andree said...

Thank you for having me as guest designer for this challenge Mrs A.
I love your card and how you used the acetate (I may have to borrow your idea as I have some acetate that I've never used!!)
Thanks too for such kind comments on my card. I've had a lovely time being guest designer for Mrs A.
Hugs Andree xx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Great theme! I can handle this one much easier than hexagons (now watch me go make patterned paper hexagons for this). Fabulous sample cards!

Di said...

Wonderful theme Mrs A - I'll be back to play ASAP. Both your card and Andree's are really lovely and such great inspiration!

Hugs

Di xx

Carol L said...

What a pretty pair of cards! I love the acetate panel! Congrats to Andree on your win and guest spot!
I'm playing just for fun, thanks Mrs. A!

Jane Willis said...

Gorgeous cards from you and Andree. I keep meaning to dig out my acetate and bring it back into action - maybe this will be the push I need.
Jane

Unknown said...

Awesome challenge! So glad I found your challenge blog! Will definitely be playing along! Beautiful cards!

Craftychris said...

Fabulous inspiration cards! I didn't manage to join in with the last challenge and don't think I will manage this one either as I am going away! Will try the next one for sure! xxx

Laura said...

Lovely samples this week x

Sandy said...

I struggles so much with hexagons and never made anything I was happy with, so I'm glad to see an easier challenge this time around.

KandA said...

Gorgous cards from you and Andree and a great theme too xx

vilinke said...

Čudovit izziv ste nam pripravile ;)

Granmargaret said...

Thank for the challenge. Lovely cards by the design team.

Lillian A said...

Ooo, nice challenge, and thanks for your inspiration creations!!

Jenny L said...

Hi Mrs A,
congrats to your guest designer.
Wonderful examples for a really good inspiration as usual.
Patterned paper yay.
Thank you for this really fab challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Hettie said...

Ooooo! This is what? fourth time on the trot???
xx

Lynn said...

A wonderful acetate card Mrs. A. Lynn x

Carole Z said...

Lovely cards and inspiration, sorry I've missed entering the last few challenges, it's been very busy at work and life got in the way of craft, will make sure to be back for the next one,hugs Carole Z X

Susan Renshaw said...

Really pleased to have discovered this blog...I think you will see me again!