POP UP CARDS.
POP UP CARDS.
I will start off with this simple design which requires no cutting. Just a couple of folds
1. Cut a patterned base card 8.25" x 6". Score on long side down the centre. This creates your base card and can be placed to one side.
. For the purposes of this tutorial I have used a piece of copy paper so that I can write the instructions and marks where needed.
On the centre line measure down 3" and mark a dot with a pencil. On the long side measure across the top 2" in on both sides and mark a dot with a pencil. These 3 dots form a triangle and you now need to use a ruler and score from the 3" dot out to the 2" dot on either side.
4. Now make a crease up from the bottom of the card to the 3" dot in the centre of the card
and then a fold from that point along the score line to the 2" dot.
. Repeat for the other side. Your card should now look as shown below.
and like this when looking down from the top with the card standing up.
. Use a bone folder to firmly crease all of the folds you have created.
. Use either wet glue or d.s. tape on one side only of the folded card as shown below.
8. Place the folded card into the base card making sure that you butt the short fold right up to the centre line as shown above and close front of card down on top.
10. When you open up the card you will now have a pop up section which you can go ahead and decorate as required.
Example shown below.
This is an even simpler fold.
1. Take your base card (this can be any size you like) and make an insert for it in a patterned paper that is slightly smaller. Adhere together.
2. Take another matching/toning piece of paper and measure as below on the wrong side. To make it easy I suggest that the width of this card should be able to be divided equally by four. Mine is 5" x 5.75". The 5.75" is the same as the depth of the insert to keep it nice and neat. I have scored the 5" side at 1.25",2.50" and 3.75" giving an equal measurement of 1.25" across the paper.
3. Turn paper over and attach d.s tape to the two outside scored panels.
6. When you re-open the card a pop up box will appear and you can now decorate as required. See mine below.
N.b. You can of course make the box smaller in height. It does not have to be the length of the card.