Wednesday, January 04, 2023

#176 Spin The Butterfly Wheel with F for Four Panel Card.

Happy New Year to You All and welcome to another year of challenges in the butterfly garden. 
The Butterflies are back with a fresh round of card shapes for you. 
Whilst I do have lots of different shapes to try I don't necessarily have one to use for each letter of the Alphabet so I am choosing them randomly and some letters will be used more than once and in any order!

 The first  letter out of the Tea cup for January  is 
the letter
F
Come on in.
Lets Spin the Butterfly Wheel.

Each challenge will be a letter of the Alphabet with a choice of 4 Colours , 1 Theme and a specified Card shape all beginning with the chosen letter.

As before I will be showing a tutorial for each of the card shapes.
 A link to the tutorial page is shown above under the banner heading. Just click on the Card Shapes tab and you will be taken to a drop down list of all the past and present card tutorials.

 You must of course use a butterfly on your entry but there are two categories for you to choose from.

1.    Make any style card/project using at least 2 of the colours on the wheel +butterfly. 

2.    Make a card using the Card Shape +any 2 of the colours + the theme +butterfly.  

There will be a prize for each category. 


 Please state in your post which part of the wheel you are using to play with.

There will be a special prize draw for using all  the elements from the wheel.

So lets get started.

The wheel is

F

for 

Four Panel Card.

This card shape does fold flat for posting .


These are the four colours to choose from. 


The theme is  Flowers.

Please state the elements of Your Choice.

Here is my inspiration card for you.
Using from the wheel
Four Panel card/Flowers/Forest Green/French Rose/ Flax/Fuschia/Butterfly.

This is certainly not a new card shape as I have found tutorials for it going back 7yrs on YouTube but I think it is still worthy of remaking. 
This is the card opened out showing the panels. 
Please pop over to my blog Here for more details on how the card was made. 

Prizes

Prizes for this year are going to be a different format.
 We are all now struggling with rising living costs and whilst it is always nice to receive a new stamp we still need to purchase for ourselves the fundamentals of our crafting hobby
so I have decided that the prizes will be a selection of just those items that we use on a daily basis and always running out of. 
i.e. D.S tape, cardstock, washi tape,ribbon, glue pens, stickers,gems,enamel dots, 3D pads, tape runners  etc.

Unfortunately I can't show any pictures as my order for the said goodies is still in the post awaiting delivery courtesy of the Post Office. 
I will include one fun item that can be used in your craft room just for you.  

So there will be a prize package for each of the categories 
(already stated above)
+ 
 a special prize
For anyone choosing to use all of the Wheel.
Their names will go into the teacup to be picked separately.

I hope my idea meets with your approval. 

Please be sure to read all the rules on the tab above.

Enter your creations in Mr Linky below.
Please also state if you are only playing for fun.

Happy crafting and see you soon.


This challenge will be  running for 3 weeks.
Challenge will therefore end 

Tuesday 24th Jan 8pm (GMT) 


11 comments:

Suze said...

I'm looking forward to creating this one when I get back home to my crafty stuff. I have made a similar card before and the flowers are a nice easy element too.
Hope you had a good break and a lovely holiday season.

KathyA. said...

I have missed you, Mrs. A! This is a great fold, which I haven't made in a while. So count me in. Also, I really appreciate your idea to provide gifts of supplies. I have put myself on a moratorium this year to buy nothing new except supplies like the ones you mention. So far, so good (on day 4 Ha!)

lichazul said...

Beautiful Challenger👏👏👏👏💐
Happy day ☺️

Tina Z. said...

I am so happy the challenge is back!

Aquarius said...

I really will try to make something for more of these challenges, certainly no lack of stash so no excuse really.

Becca Yahrling said...

Hi Mrs. A! So happy you are back with the challenge AND hope you are doing well! Looking forward to playing along ... I think I will even get 3 cards done for this one. ;-)

Pat said...

Such a pretty card Mrs A and the four panels covered in all sorts of wonderful flowers and butterflies. Happy New Year, and thank you for your visits to my blog which I really appreciate. x

Suzanne H said...

I'm so glad you're back! I missed the last challenge of last year as I was making Christmas Cards. I made a nice spring colored card on this gloomy day.

terrie said...

Hello Mrs. A, I didn't know that you're up and running challenges for 2023.
I hope you had a great Holiday and wishing you a Happy New Year.
I had to upgrade my computer and I'm having issue with the upgrade.
I'm hoping to join in your challenge again.
Take care.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Thank you for another challenge Mrs A! I entered a card using a light French rose, hope it's goes well.
Hugs

SHartl said...

Ooh, I do love these colors and that 4 panel card is so pretty. I'll try to put something together but my kids just went back to school this week and things are pretty hectic. Some craft time would be wonderful!